December 10, 2018 / 1:00 pm•
8 Best Ways to Destress During Finals Week
Finals season is upon us here at IU, but don’t fret. I’ve scoured the internet for the best tips on de-stressing during finals week, and here they are. Without further ado, eight helpful tips to care for yourself during finals week.
- For the love of god, get some sleep. Eight hours is the best for human beings of college age. All-nighters actually ruin your mind and body – every freshman in Psych 101 has learned this. Your body needs REM to focus and to convert all that studying into long-term memory. Don’t neglect to sleep!
- A shower can leave you feeling refreshed, especially after a long day of studying. Let warm–or freezing depending on which dorm you live in–water rejuvenate your body.
- Drink lots of water. I’m talking 3 cups by noon as a goal. This may seem like a challenge, but it will help to stimulate your mind and keep your body healthy. Get cool stickers for your water bottle as a reward!
- Try a group exercise class at the SRSC – Barre to the Beat and Beginner’s Yoga are my personal favorites. Get those endorphins flowing, and feel all the stress leave your body.
- Take care of your brain – watch something that makes you laugh. Like one vine compilation (not five), or an episode of the Good Place or the Office.
- Make lists of what you have to do! It helps you stay organized, and crossing something off is a little achievement that always makes me feel accomplished.
- TREAT YO SELF! Whatever this means to you, DO IT! Whether splurging on a venti at the IMU Starbucks or doing a face mask, do something special for yourself!
- Listen to a killer playlist, like this one made by yours truly.