Interested in getting involved with WIUX?
Becoming a member of WIUX is easy. You don’t need any prior experience, a particular major, or any specific professional aspirations. People of all backgrounds and experiences call WIUX their home.
Fall 2021 COVID Statement
Due to the ongoing pandemic WIUX will be upholding Indiana University’s policies in regards to COVID. This includes but is not limited to: maintaining social distancing and requiring masks in the studio at all times, in addition to frequent and proper sanitation of the equipment and facilities. For more information click here.
Due to social distancing we are currently planning on having limited in person shows; however, this is subject to change based on the University’s guidelines.
I want to be a DJ!
DJ Applications for Fall of 2021 are now closed. Check back later for more information!
Any IU student can be a DJ at WIUX. There is a callout meeting at the beginning of each semester that new and returning DJs should attend for more information. Specific times and dates will be posted on our social media. Additionally, an application will be available for DJs to fill out. DJs that have been active participants in WIUX teams and activities will receive top priority.
Am I assured a DJ shift?
Because of the volume of applicants, DJ shifts at WIUX are limited. Be assured we make every attempt to work around applicants’ schedules when assigning shifts. WIUX offers many other opportunities, however. Teams are the backbone of the station, and they provide the valuable experience that employers look for. All DJs must serve on at least one team.
I want to host a podcast!
Podcast Applications for Fall 2021 are open! Click here for the podcast application.
I want to become a Director!
Director Applications for the 2021-2022 year are now closed. Check back later for more information!
Want to learn about the different WIUX director positions? Click here for more info!
I want to join a department team!
Interested in joining one of our many WIUX departments? Applications for Fall 2021 are here! Click here for the WIUX Fall 2021 Team Application
Look below to see a list of our departments!
- Business Relations/Public Relations: Help WIUX grow and maintain relationships with business and organizations in Bloomington and beyond
- Content: Write articles for the website, produce and edit video content, photograph and edit events and shows, and create art and graphics for posters, merchandise, social media, and more
- Event DJ: DJ events around campusLive Sessions: Film and record WIUX Live Sessions
- Marketing: Be the face of WIUX through graphics, social media, and PR
- Music: Curate what plays on WIUX
- News: Weekly news hours and other content opportunities
- Operations: Learn about the radio operations of WIUX and make liners and PSAs for airplay
- Podcasts: Create and host podcasts that are published on the WIUX website, iTunes, and Google Play
- Special Events: Assist with event promotion and planning for Culture Shock Music Festival and other WIUX events
- Sports: Opportunities including broadcasting some of the biggest college athletics events in the nation along with hosting sports talk shows every week